One of the big reasons of Cyberflix TV popularity is the regular updates from the developer. The developer of the Cyberflix TV app is working pretty well and keeps on working on Cyberflix TV for a better experience. To update Cyberflix TV, you don’t need to do anything as you got the option on the home screen to update the Cyberflix TV.
But some of the users don’t want to update the app because they lose the Watched episode, marked as favorite shows and other histories of the app. For an uninterrupted experience, it is always recommended to update the Cyberflix TV app. Otherwise, you might miss the new features, new links, and other things that provide you a great experience.
Get IPVanish VPN & Stream Anonymously
Grab 68% OFF on IPVanish VPN
Talking about backing up the Cyberflix android app, you can save it and then restore it. Today we are going to discuss how to create a backup of Cyberflix TV before updating that app to the latest version. But before that, just in case you don’t know how to mark Watched and favorite on Cyberflix TV here is quick go-through to that first.
See Also: How to install Cyberflix TV on Firestick
How to Mark Favorite & Watched in Cyberflix TV
To mark shows & Movies as a favorite/Watched on Cyberflix TV, follow the below-mentioned steps:
1. Open the Cyberflix TV on your device. If you don’t have the latest version of Cyberflix TV apk, go here and download it first.
2. On the home screen, you will see the shows or movies. Fetch and open the movie or TV shows to mark favorite or Watched.
3. Now you have opened the content you want to mark as favorite or watched. You cannot mark favorite a particular episode on Cyberflix TV.
4. On the left, there is a ‘Star’ icon. Simply tap on that to mark it as Favorite.
5. To mark watched on Cyberflix TV, open the Season and then check the ‘Box’ on the left. The green mark on the episode indicates the watched episode.
Now you can mark as many movies & episodes as you want. Take time and mark all your favorite content. Once you are done with that, head over to the next part, and that is to update the app without losing marked content.
See Also: How to fix Cyberflix TV No Data Issue
How to Update Cyberflix TV Without Losing Favorite, Watched Show & History
There is no rocket science in that. The Cyberflix TV app itself provides you the feature of doing it. You can easily update Cyberflix TV app without losing the history of the app. You will get all the favorite markers, Watched shows history with the new version of Cyberflix TV. If you are using Cyberflix TV on Windows, follow this exact way.
Simply follow the below-mentioned steps to get your work done:
1. Open the Cyberflix TV app. Assuming you already marked your favorite and watched movies & tv episodes, head over to Settings from the hamburger menu at the top right corner.
2. Scroll all the way down and you will see an option saying ‘Backup Settings’, ‘Backup Favorites’, ‘Backup Watched Episode records’. Tap on all three options and you will get the confirmation saying ‘Successfully Backed up!’
3. You can actually get access to those files by going to phone storage. Go to File Explorer > Internal Storage > CyberFlix > Backup. You will see all three files. You can also save a copy of these files for future reference.
4. Now you can update the Cyberflix TV to the latest version without any worries.
5. Once you update the app, go to settings and look for the option saying ‘Restore Settings’, ‘Restore favorites’, ‘Restore Watched Episodes record’.
6. Tap on these 3 Restore buttons and you will end up restoring all Favorite, Watched History, Settings of Cyberflix TV.
Once you are done with that, you will see all your watched and favorites at its place in the updated version of Cyberflix TV.
That is how you can update Cyberflix TV app without losing any favorite and watched history of the app. You don’t need to do this manually all the time, simply tap on Auto Backup before updating will save you from any inconvenience.
Update Cyberflix TV Without losing History, Settings & Favorites
That is how, you can update the Cyberflix TV app without losing any kind of history, settings and favorite list. Creating backup and restore it on Cyberflix TV is super easy and good thing is, you can save it for future references. Another way you can do to create a backup of Cyberflix TV is by login in to Real-Debrid. If you are a premium member of Real-Debrid, go ahead with that, but this is a classic free way of updating Cyberflix TV app without losing any data. If you have any queries, feel free to contact us.
2 thoughts on “How to Update Cyberflix TV Without losing favorite, Watched History & Settings”
Newest update does not restore favorites . Is there a fix?
I receive message update cannot be installed due to another version same name.